Tuesday, July 15, 2008

World's Greatest Invention: The Cherry Pitter

Okay, so maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration...but only a bit. I ran across this handy-dandy little gadget in That Kitchen Shop a few months ago and, while I was quite skeptical about whether it would work (I assumed it would squish the cherries and make a huge mess) I bought it anyway hoping for the best. Cherries are my favorite fruit but I tire of ripping out the pits, one after the other, so that I can share them with the kids. They eat them quicker than I can tear them apart! So, the other day I bought a big bag of cherries and pulled out my little cherry pitter to give it a whirl. Um, can we say amazing?? This thing pushes those little pits out with no problems! It worked beautifully. I did an entire bowl full in about a minute and a half...my favorite summertime treat has now become poppable! Genius. :)

No comments: