Monday, January 7, 2008

Getting Started

Well, it is officially 2008 and I have decided that this is the year for me to take the plunge into the blogosphere. I've been thinking about this for a while now...after all, it does seem to be the cool thing to do these days...but I found myself a bit intimidated by the idea of putting my life out into cyberspace for the whole world to see. I started off slowly by first getting into myspace and facebook, both of which have the advantage of being able to control who does and doesn't get to view my page. However, the bad part about this is that I've often found myself trying to share pictures, videos, and updates with people who do not posess myspace or facebook accounts (or those who do posess them but don't know how to use them! :) And so the idea of something more universally friendly that can be shared with ALL of our friends and family has become appealing enough that I've decided it would be beneficial to post in a place where anyone who wants to see what we've been up to is able to do so. Also, I thought it might be fun to have a place to share my thoughts and the happenings in my life where people can intereact with me and share their own updates. Please leave a comment if you stop by so I know that you've visited (you do not need to have an account to leave comments)!

Now, on to the updates...

Ethan just turned 4 years old! I can't believe it. I can't believe how quickly he's grown...nor can I believe that I'm the mother of a 4 year old! He's definitely not a baby anymore -- I've got myself a real little boy now. :) Here is a picture from his birthday party at Red Robin:

His new favorite activity is playing "Lego Star Wars" on the Wii that we got from my mom for Christmas. He becomes very serious when he's playing his game:




Annabeth is now 20 months old and is as busy as ever. Here's her first picture of the new year:



And I had to add this picture just because it makes me laugh :D We went outside to play and she insisted on wearing this bright green hat ("HAT!! HAT!!"). She put it on herself...and I can't help but think she looks a like a cute little elf:
Brandon is doing well. He has been back at work for a few days now and his shoulder is holding up great. He's still a little sore when he first wakes up in the morning, but he says that once it warms up a bit it's just fine. He will continue to wear his sling until January 22nd, and after that he will start physical therapy.


And that's about it for my sweet little family! Everyone is doing great and I am very excited to see what the Lord has in store for this new year. I may be returning to work, we may be selling our condo and buying a house, and we may even have another baby! (JUST KIDDING. Not going to happen. Ever. I was just seeing if you were paying attention! ;)

I hope everyone out there is doing well and I hope that you will check back often. I will try to use this as my main form of communication as far as pictures and family updates.


4 comments:

Dave said...

Congrats on your first blog post! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Brandy ~
Well -- this may be a challenge, but I'm willing to take it on for the sake of seeing pictures of my beautiful grandbabies -- tee hee BIG SMILE :o) -- and so far, so good!

I mailed a CD today with the pictures from Christmas. You should get it tomorrow. I think most of them turned out pretty cute. Hope you like them.

Give those babies ooodles of hugs and kisses from us!! We miss you and we'll see you soon.

Love ya,
Amy & Dad

P.S. GO SEAHAWKS!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandy~
Very Fun! Thanks for sharing.
~Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Snickerpookles,
Love, love, lllooooovvveee the bloggin.
One question....."WHEN MORE PICS?"