Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go...

So, it looks like I'll be returning to work next week! Overlake Hosptial finally called me back today and officially offered me a job. I'll be working 12 hour night shifts (7pm to 7am) every Friday and Saturday night. I'll be in the ICU just like I used to be, doing exactly what I used to do (Nurse Assistant). I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it; while I am excited, I'm also feeling fairly nervous. I've done this job before so I at least feel good about knowing what I'm getting into...but I haven't worked in over 4 years!! It's a little scary to go back out into the real world when for so long I've had the privelidge of focusing on nothing but my two beautiful babies! I think I'm most nervous about doing night shift again; last time I worked nights I was younger, single, and invincible -- now, I'm pretty sure I'm none of the above. However, I'm confident that the Lord not only blessed me with this job but will also bless me with the ability to stay awake to do it. :)

For those of you who have been left hanging about what Brandon decided to do in his job dilemma, he has decided to stick with SanMar. And for those of you who don't know what the dilemma even was, here's the quick version: Brandon was approached by a friend about a job opening in his company and he encouraged him to apply for it. Brandon applied, interviewed, and was made an offer. When he went back to his boss about this offer, his boss said he would match it if he would stay. Both companies REALLY wanted him and in the end he decided to stick with his current company. So not only has he been given a great confidence boost, knowing that he was valuable enough for two companies to be vying for his employment, but the significant pay increase that came as a result of all of this has been such a huge blessing. The Lord is good! Now we can move into a house (or larger condo)...SOON!!

That's about it for new news from us! And of course, here are the mandatory pics of the kids and a cute video of our bouncy little pup...she's pure entertainment. :) I hope everyone out there is doing well!


Ethan playing in the back yard...
Annabeth wearing the hat that my grandmother made me when I was little :)

Apparently, Annabeth thinks I'm hilarious...

Sadie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the good news. I'm so excited for you guys. God is truly going to bless your hard work and faithfulness.

Please send my love to the rest of the family!

-Natalie