Sunday, June 22, 2008

"God healed my heart!"

Ethan: "I'm sad"
Mommy: "Why are you sad?"
Ethan: "I don't know. I'm sad."
Mommy: "I'm sorry you're sad. Would you like to pray about it?"
Ethan: "No."
Mommy: "OK. How about if I pray about it for you? Dear God, I pray that you be with Ethan right now. He's sad and we ask that you help him to feel better."
Ethan: "And tell him about my rocks."
Mommy: "And thank you, Lord, for Ethan's rocks because he enjoys playing with them."
Ethan: "And tell him that I have yucky stuff coming out of my nose."
Mommy: "And Lord, I ask that you help Ethan feel better. He still has a cold and he has yucky stuff coming out of his nose. Amen."

**Fast forward to two or three hours later...**

Ethan: "I'm not sad anymore. I had a broken heart, but God fixed it. God healed my heart!"

Sweet are the simple faith and prayers of a four year old!

No comments: