Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to Annabeth!

Annabeth turned two yesterday! Can you believe it?! My babies aren't babies anymore, are they? I can't believe that the baby phase of my life is over already...it went by so quickly! Now that Annabeth is two, everything will change. No more counting ages in months or free admissions to movies and museums. If we fly anywhere, we have to pay for FOUR plane tickets. Buffets will charge us for both kids. Soon we'll see the end of cribs, diapers and sippy cups. Life as we know it will get easier and harder all at the same time! :) I've learned this to be true with each new stage my children enter; each one is harder in some ways, and easier in others. I'm always sad to see one stage end...but I've also found that each age is more fun than the one before!


Queenie (my mom) flew in from California to be here for the birthday party. We had a good time; we had a small family party at Spaghetti Factory. While it was perfectly nice to celebrate at a restaurant and eat store-bought cake, I am looking forward to next year for both kids -- we will finally have a house of our own and I can start throwing my kids real birthday parties!! :)



Here are Ethan and Annabeth playing at the mall before the party:


All four of us waiting to be seated:


Annabeth and Grammi:

Queenie and Uncle Randall:


Annabeth and the Elmo balloon from Grammi and Papa:

Stealing frosting from the cake:

Mesmerized by the candle:
Annabeth helping herself to birthday cake while Uncle Nathan serves it up:
The very cool new sunglasses from Auntie Heather:

Ethan helping Annabeth open her gifts:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annabeth is ALREADY 2!!?? WOW! I LOVED THE PICTURES! The one of you four > you look awesome! Did you color your hair? Anyways...great picture! miss you tons!

i love this blogspot. And you keep up with it so well for as busy as you are!

Lots of love and blessings to you and the fam. XOXOXXO
Allie