Monday, May 5, 2008

A Home of Our Own

We did it, folks. We bought a house!! And though it hasn't been built yet, I'm super excited to finally see a house in my not-too-distant future! The Lord has blessed us beyond what I even expected!

We bought a Quadrant Home in what is technically considered Kent, but is actually the Maple Valley area. The neighborhood is nice and big and there will be FIVE parks when it is all finished! The house will be just over 2400 sq. feet...which means we won't be growing out of it any time soon. :) The backyard is small, but big enough for a play area of some sort -- definitely enough room for the kids and dog to get out and run around in. There will be 4 bedrooms plus a den, and a big dining room...lots of room for guests and holiday gatherings, I'm hoping (if I can get everyone out to Maple Valley, that is;). The most exciting part is that Brandon and I get to pick out everything before it's built. The layout, optional extra rooms, carpet, paint color, faucet handles, light fixtures, counter tops, and even the shape of the toilet bowls. EVERYTHING! It's kinda nice to have a say in what everything looks like.

Here is the link to the floor plan if you're interested:

http://www.quadranthomes.com/pdf/floorplans/lifestyle/2401-COL-F.pdf

All of this is subject to change, so I'll keep you updated as things proceed. Our loan and offer are contingent on us selling our condo -- so please keep that in your prayers. If it falls through, I'm okay with that. I figure the Lord has a plan for us and I'm just excited to sit back and watch it unfold. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!! Bree, i'm so excited for you guys! PRAISE OUR FATHER!! :) YEA!!!!!!! I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY THAT ALL GOES WELL AND THAT YOUR CONDO SELLS!

I am truely excited for you guys.

love you! xoxoxoxo
Allie

Tam Anh said...

We just bought a quadrant home too and the loan just went through! Congrats to you both. How exciting!