Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch!

This evening Brandon and I took Ethan and Annabeth to the pumpkin patch and they loved it! We didn't have time to go through the corn maze, so we're planning on going back to the farm on Sunday. We're also going to carve our pumpkins that day, so I'll definitely post some pictures of that! :)

Here is Annabeth...not too happy with Daddy!:
Walking through the pumpkin patch:
Picking up the pumpkins! Or trying at least...:
"Mommy! I'm riding!":
They each got to pick out their own pumpkin:
Hauling the pumpkins to the car:
OK, so this is absolutely hilarious! After we picked out our pumpkins, we started walking back to the car. As usual, Ethan runs ahead and Annabeth lags behind, and I'm in the middle trying to keep an eye on both of them. After a minute of watching Ethan I turn around to check on Annabeth...when I turned around, this is what I saw:

Apparently she slipped and face-planted in the mud! What was even funnier was that she didn't cry or get upset or anything...instead, she kept walking until she caught up with me, then looked up at me and very calmly and sweetly said, "Mommy? Clean me up." She was even patient while I laughed (I couldn't help myself!) and took her picture! :D
And finally, here they are with their pumpkins after we got them home...can you tell they had a good time?:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud thinking of the scenario with Annabeth! that's so funny, and the mud on her face is sooo cute. faceplant-!