Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Life Updates

Wow...is it really October already?! Lately time is running so fast I can't seem to keep up with it! Sorry there will be no pictures for this post; I know it's been a while since I've posted any, but we do not have our computer set up yet.

As most of you already know, Brandon and I finally sold our condo!!! We officially closed on it last week and are now settled in and living with my grandmother. It's somewhat humorous, actually, and I will definitely post pictures when I get the chance: we are all living in her laundry room! Brandon and I are sleeping on an air mattress on the floor and each of the kids has a twin bed (technically, Annabeth has half a bed. It's a trundle bed and I turned it so that half of it is under Ethan's bed. Their beds form an "L" and it gives us more room for our air mattress.) We have two dressers and a clothing rack set up in the garage as a closet. As much as we all love each other and enjoy one another's company, I have a feeling this will be a long three months! It really is working out well so far and I thank the Lord for the roof over our heads, no matter how cramped we may feel at times. And it's been really nice getting to spend some time with my brother, as he is living here too (although, thankfully not in the laundry room). He's quite helpful with the chores and he helps me entertain the kids.

As if we weren't busy enough, Brandon and I have been in and out of town the last couple of weeks. After our trip to Leavenworth, I went with a group of women from my church on my first ever silent retreat. I've been on women's retreats before, but never a silent retreat. There was no talking allowed except at meal times when we discussed a certain passage of scripture. It was wonderful! We stayed in a beautiful 7 bedroom house that overlooked the water and was surrounded by woods. An entire weekend spend in silence, prayer, and meditation with God provided some much needed spiritual refreshment. Then, the day after I returned from my retreat, Brandon left on a business trip. He went to New Jersey on Monday and worked there for a day and a half, and this evening he flew into Ohio to work there until he comes home Friday night. I talked to him tonight and he sounds tired, but he says things are going well and he feels like he's getting a lot accomplished. I really miss him!

That's about all that's new with us. We will be living with Granny for the next three months until our house is built...we are hoping to get to move in sometime around the first of the year. I'll keep you updated on that and post pictures as soon as I can. I hope all is well with everyone out there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures please along with the novel....its sooo much more exciting...especially if the grandbabies are in them...thanks...a fan

Anonymous said...

When it gets to be a little too much for you some days when your living there...think of it as you just saved yourself 7500.00..thats not chicken feed ya know...in fact thats scary...................from Dr. Nozitall.. LOL